Saturday, August 16, 2008

What a week!

Where to start! What a week it's been and there is so much that I want to post! First of all I finally got a picture of Bes's new additions!

Her new teeth must have felt different because at first she made the funniest faces and this particular night she hung her tongue out to the side... pretty much all night!


Sunday night we had some friends over for a cookout and had the best time ever! It was raining so we hung out inside, kids everywhere but oh so much fun! Bes was especially clingy and wasn't acting like herself. We soon discovered she had a fever... special thanks to Leah... she's NEVER been sick (minus the hip issue) in all of her 8 1/2 months so it never occurred to me that she might be sick! After a couple days of running a fever, quite a few doses of Tylenol and Motrin, many hours rocking in the recliner, and one trip to the doctor to ease my mind (just a virus) she was all better! I stole this picture of them taking a nap one afternoon when Daddy got home from work...

Once she started feeling better she was wide open! She no longer is content to crawl around in the den... oh no she is quite the explorer! When she is not pulling up on anything and everything, she's on the prowl and she can usually be found headed to Miller's food bowl!


Miller and Bes have bonded this week and Bes has decided that he's the best toy of all. She'll get his ball and then "throw" it to him and when he grabs it she gets so excited!


I am quickly finding out that Bes on the move is definately a challenge! She is getting more fun with each passing day and despite my many concerns when she was a colicky infant she has an adorable personality! The fact that she is spoiled rotten is evident these days... she has herself a little temper and when she drops a toy or doesn't get exactly what she wants she lets it be known! I still can't believe how fast she is growing! I bought her some clothes for fall and when I showed them to Brad he was like, "When is she going to where those, when she's 15!!" Even though she is a growing girl she weighs in at 18 lbs 14 oz which is only in the 25th percentile. It was mentioned that she was going to be a petite little thing which is so hard for me to believe since I am so NOT petite! Oh well, Brad and I pretty much think she's perfect so whatever she is will be just fine with us! Until next time... Love you all!!














3 comments:

Leah said...

Jack saw Bess' picture and said "hi bess". How is she feeling? No signs of sickness around our house! We had so much fun at your house too! We have to all get together more often. Do you want to go swimming this week? She is a doll...

Welcome to the Shit Show! said...

I love it! So glad she's over her first little cold/virus. She's precious and I love her Mama too even if she is a country bumpkin! :) Lets get together soon!

barlow said...

I love the pictures of her sticking her tongue out. I laughed out loud!!!!!!