Well, there are a million things that happen throughout the day that I want to post and then when I finally make the time to sit down and blog I've forgotten what all I wanted to say so... I'll do my best to remember. First of all, today we got to spend time with my family from New Orleans that have evacuated to my Mama'ts. Bittersweet. Love their visit, Hurricane Gustav notsomuch. I pray that they return to their homes the way they left them. I just have to say that God has blessed me with THE MOST incredible family. I've always known how precious family is and only until I've moved away (I realize some of my friends are laughing at this... yes, I know it's only an hour but when most of your family lives within walking distance an hour is a long way away!) have I realized just how precious they really are. It has been over a year since my sweet Boppy (grandfather) passed away and I still can cry like it was an hour ago. It breaks my heart that Bes will not have her special relationship with him. Boppy was known for his homemade ice cream and Sunday morning at church he would always let the grandchildren know if he made ice cream and without fail I would always ask what kind it was... and he would always say vidalia onion! Of course it was always vanilla and I don't know why we always asked or why we always fell for it but we would say ewww, vidalia onion, we don't like that kind! :) Last night we had some friends over and I asked their little girl if she wanted some ice cream. She asked what kind and before I knew it I said vidalia onion and she just looked at me with the most puzzled expression! (Thanks for traveling down memory lane there with me.) My Boppy's sister, Aunt Martha Katherine is the one here from New Orleans and this is her first trip without her sweet husband (my Uncle Ed) who passed away recently. She got to meet Bes for the first time today! Bes had had a long day and she wasn't the most photogenic but I had to get their picture!

Bes hasn't had any interest in a paci since she was a few weeks old but apparantly this week she has changed her mind. I think we have Jack to thank for that. He must have shown her how it's done. Our friends Neil and Leah's little boy Jack is paci crazy!! He usually has 1-2 in his mouth and one in each hand! She found a paci in her toy basket and popped that sucker in her mouth and has barely taken it out since! Might I add that she shows no preference, upside down, rightside up, whichever way it makes it to her mouth is the way that she keeps it.

Multi-tasking... baby style.... waving while sucking a paci.
Taking a nap on the bean bag with her blankie... and now a paci too!
Bes is doing much better with eating off spoon but she still prefers to pick it up and eat it herself. However, today she was loving some of Aunt Rah Rah's mashed potatoes! She doesn't eat that great compared to my friends' kids but each child is an individual and unique, right? No worries, I suppose.

She has started making the funniest face but my camera has just enough delay to where I miss it almost every time... but I got it during her snack of blueberry applesauce!
Bes and her daddy always share an oatmeal creme pie (or 2) when he gets home from work.
I must post more often because I am getting a little lengthy. :) I'll wrap it up by saying Leah, Jack, Bes and I went to the Prairie Arts Festival and aside from it being slightly warm :) it was a fun time. The kids were great, got some new t shirts and some adorable iron cut out pumpkins. Getting ready for fall ya'll! This morning my nephew Will got baptized (Praise the Lord!!) so we went to our "home" church and as you know how much I do love going home to be with family. I do miss me some Mt Vernon when I am gone. And FINALLY... the pool table is outta here!!! Now we have a nice room upstairs where Bes can can roam and play all day! Until next time... hope ya'll have a good 'un!
1 comments:
Bes has an aunt Rahrah??? So does Jack-way too funny! Sorry I didn't call you today- I have had a fever of 101 all day! Hopefully I will sleep better tonight and go to work tomorrow. So glad that you had a great time with your family! I love spending time with family and your sweet little family. Jack talked about Bes all weekend and kept saying "I hold Bes hand". Call you tomorrow!
Post a Comment