Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Beach 2011!!

We got to the beach last Sunday and as we were driving in we couldn't help but notice the smoke... obviously, something big was on fire... well, that something turned out to be Gulf State Park. It started burning on Saturday (directly across from our beach house) and throughout the course of the week over 1000 acres had burned. We had front row seats watching the big Chinook helicopter drop down and get water and then dump it over the fire. A couple of days the smell of smoke was pretty bad and there was ash floating in the air but for the most part the constant breeze kept us from choking to death when we went outside. =)

Bes has been all about "carniwheels" since we had a small carnival come to town that had a huge ferris wheel. Carnival + ferris wheel = carniwheel. =) And I love that she thinks peace signs are carniwheels. We knew she would want to ride the big ferris wheel at The Wharf... so we did.

All 4 of us. =)

Not many pictures were taken throughout the week because...
1. I needed several extra sets of hands to make that happen.
2. It would take us an hour to get all SPF'd up and ready and then we wouldn't be at the beach long enough for my camera to defog.
or 3. I would get everybody and everything but the kitchen sink down to the beach and realize I remembered everything... but my camera.
Sigh.

Bes decided this year that she LOVED the beach. Mimi finally rubbed
off on her and turned her into a beach bum.

She loved finding seashells and playing in the sand.


Me and my girls.


And I saved the best for last. =)

2 comments:

Leah said...

Love the pics. The one of the three of yougirls is precious. Love you!!

The Heatherly's said...

Looks like ya'll had a great time despite the fire! Glad to see that we aren't the only folks taking a 3 month old to the beach...we are heading to Destin as I type.