Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Jesus loves me, this I know!

What a week it's been! Allow me to fill you in on the details. Two Sundays ago, 13 (yes, I said 13!!) of my most precious Columbus friends hosted a baby shower to help celebrate our sweet Mae! It was perfect. No detail was left untouched and I was so overwhelmed with all the love that was shown to me and my girls. I am so blessed. Might I add, I have been known to say that there's just not much of anything that can't be made cuter with a monogram and let me just tell you... my friends did not disappoint! They know me too well. =) I just love seeing her sweet little name on things and all that cuteness made me even more excited for her birthday! You know pictures were taken but I'm not sharing. =)
I feel the need to say it again... I am SO blessed.

The entire weekend started off as pure sweetness. My friend Tiffany drove all the way from Little Rock to visit and stay the night with us! We got to do some catching up and as always, her visit ended much too soon and after the shower she was headed back to Arkansas to check on her boys. Saturday night was fun times with Tif and then on Sunday the Parsons came to town! The whole family! Bes sure does love her some Lala and Ellenie and watching those three just makes my heart smile. The girls played and played, the Brad's did their thing and Carroll Lane and I just got to talk and talk. Such a fun night. Such a fun weekend.
I am so blessed.

Then Monday came... and it was Monday that we weren't quite prepared for... Around 3 am I woke up to potty (the joys of pregnancy) and smelled something not quite right. Brad assumed that I had set the oven cleaner before bed and didn't think much about it. Not so, honey... not so. He went out into the house and looked and smelled and even went outside and concluded that it was just our wood burning fireplace that was stirred up due to the wind. Well, about 3:30 am the smell was out of control... and I just couldn't get over it. This time when Brad opened the bedroom door the house was filled with SMOKE! Gut instinct made me holler for Brad to check the attic. Up the stairs he went and our ATTIC WAS ON FIRE! I kid you not just writing this has my blood pressure elevated!! Brad went into turbo mode, grabbing the fire extinguisher and playing fireman... I ran upstairs to where the Parsons were sleeping... just a wall away from the inferno... and gave them all the scare of a lifetime... ran back downstairs, grabbed Bes and outside we all went! Somewhere in all of that Brad had already backed out both cars from the carport and had the waterhose through the outside attic access... I called 911, the smoke alarms finally started going off and I'm pretty sure I had a minor heart attack. The fireman came, though Brad had it already taken care of
and a couple of hours later we were let back in the house.
How's that for a Monday morning?

God's grace was all over us that morning. We were safe and had caught the fire before major damage was done. Somehow a bundle of electrical wires overheated and ignited and aside from being without power for a couple of days, all the damage was contained to the attic. Wouldn't you know Brad had to work Monday and "my house caught on fire" wasn't a good enough excuse to call in... Since there was no way I was staying there all day by myself, Bes and I loaded up and spent the day with Nannie. To say that I was emotional is an understatement. I cried and cried and praised Him all the day long. I about drove myself crazy thinking of all the "what ifs" and oh, did I count my many blessings! You know, I've often thought of all my most prized possessions that I would grab if my house ever caught on fire... yeah, forget all that... I grabbed my baby and RAN!! So this one totally deserves an all caps...
I AM SO BLESSED!!!

All the events of the day left Bes a little anxious and rightfully so... it was alot for this 30 year, I can't imagine how a 3 year old is supposed to process it all. She slept with us for a few nights (by my choosing... the other end of the house just seemed SO far away!) but she's still not a big fan of the dark (it never bothered her before) and she thinks there are "monsters" behind every door. She's almost back to her normal self but she is constantly asking about the "firemans" and always has a flashlight handy... several nights she's fallen asleep like this...

Bless her.

Brad is back working in the ER and he had to cover the night shift for three nights in a row last week... which left for some sleepless nights for yours truly. I kept awakening to what I was certain was THE smell and just couldn't relax. Then at my dr's appt last week, my dr told me that he was officially going to diagnose me with T.O.B.P... Tired of Being Pregnant. Yep, that's me. He said it was written it all over my face. Fabulous. Yeah, last week was a doozy.

This week is off to a much better start. Sunday, my sisters hosted another party to welcome our sweet Mae. Yet again, pictures were taken but... ugh, never will I ever share. =) I got to see some precious old friends and many from my "home" church family came out to love on us as well. I forget how good home feels. Such a sweet afternoon.
Man, I am so blessed. =)

Now with each passing day we seem drastically closer to Mae's birthday... March 25.
The countdown is on.

In just over two short weeks I am going to be the mom of not one, but TWO sweet little girls. My cup runneth over. Jesus loves me, this I know.

5 comments:

The Akins Family said...

You have to share her FULL name please! :)
And yes I would LOVE to see a cute pic of you!

The Carters said...

Girl, that story about the fire gave me chills! I can't imagine how scary that must have been! Thank God everyone is ok! He must have been watching over yall that night!

I bet you are such a cute pregnant girl...you should definitely share pictures ;-)

Wow, only 2 more weeks! Time has flown (easy for me to say when I'm not the one who is pregnant haha!). I can't wait to see your new precious girl! We'll have to plan a double play date soon.

Jessica said...

Oh my GOODNESS! Where have I been! Praise HIM for keeping y'all safe from harms way!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Mae! I agree.... we need pics;)

whippetmom said...

Amy! I'm so thankful you guys are okay! I've been thinking about your sweet family and can't wait to "meet" miss Mae- and we all know you are an adorable pregnant lady- so SHARE!!!

The Parkers said...

W.O.W!!! Praise the Lord! Thats all i can say!