Sunday, July 1, 2012

Bes her bones.

Her last meal of choice before tonsillectomy...
Mexican, of course!


Bless her heart. My sweet girl worried herself into a tizzy the night before she got her tonsils out. It's been a long time coming but I think it's safe to say that we are all SO glad that it's over!!


 She came back from surgery as Bes the raging bull. I'm talking hanging on to her with all I had and she was still about to buck off the bed. Anesthesia is rough on a girl.


 Before surgery, she got to pick out a prize. After surgery (and after a nap and anesthesia wore off), she asked the volunteer if she could have one to take home to her baby sister. I melt.


Snoozing with Daddy.

 She woke up from her nap and popped right up to play dr with Nannie...


And enjoy a little bit of popsicle.


Mr. Davis was the most precious volunteer ever. His rendition of "Hey, Mr Knickerbocker" was priceless. He was the bright spot of our morning to say the least.



  
Got home, all comfy in her spot and feeling pretty good.


Day one and two went very well. I was starting to think this was going to be a breeze... then day 3 hit. Worst day of all. All in all, Bes is one tough cookie and has done great but it hasn't been easy on my girl. She has been a champ but we are one week out and she is still having a lot of ear pain and just plain tired of not feeling her best. She will feel great for a couple of hours followed by a couple of not feeling so great hours. Play a little, rest a little. Here's to a much better week than last! =)

{forgive the poor quality of photos... instagram love didn't transfer well to the old blog a roo... perhaps it has to do with my dinosaur of an iphone!}

1 comments:

The Long Family said...

I hope she feels better soon! Her wanting a prize for her sister was so sweet! And that picture of her sleeping with her daddy :)